Check in at Colombo Airport for departure to Chengdu, China.
Arrival in Chengdu in the morning.
After Breakfast, Visit Leshan Giant Buddha and Evening free for your own activities. Dinner on your own.
Overnight in Chengdu.
Chengdu / Lhasa
Leave to Lhasa by flight in the morning and the rest of the day will be free.
Overnight in Lhasa.
Breakfast at Hotel.
Today, visit the Norbulinka Monastery – the Summer Palace of Dalai Lama and then Visit to Potala Palace, Potala Palace built in the 7th century by the famous Tibetan King-Songtsen Gampo. The present by the 5th Dalai Lama moved in year 1649. Known as the” Winter Palace” 1750’s, when 7th Dalai Lama built Norbulingka Park as his summer residence. The Potala is divided into the Red Palace for religious use and the White one for political. Jokhang Temple situated in old section of Lhasa, built 7th century A.D by King Songtsen Gampo. It is the most sacred holy place in Tibet. Pilgrims come here to pay homage from all over Tibet.
In the evening visit Barkhor Street for shopping. Barkhor Street is called “The window of Tibet”. It was formed when Jokhang had been built, is also an essential pilgrim route.
Overnight in Lhasa.
Lhasa / Shigatse
Breakfast at Hotel.
Drive 265km from Lhasa (3600m) to Gyantse (3950m).
After crossing the Chushur Bridge over the Yarlong Tsangpo River, we begin to climb up the Kambala Pass which is 4800 meters above sea level, from the foot of Kampala, the road winds up the mountain to the top. Once across the pass, the magnificent Yamdrok Yumtso appears before eyes, with a chain of snow clad peaks on the backside in the distance. “Yamdrok Yumtso” means “Tuquoise Lake” in Tibetan. It is one of the three sacred lakes in Tibet; folk tales describe Yamdrok Yumtso as a transformation of a goddess. Take a break at the top enjoy this breathtaking scenery and taking pictures. Driving down the pass and have box lunch at the lake side. From the lake, about 70 kilometers drive would take us to another pass, Karola Pass, where when crossing, the snows of Mt. Nojin Kang Sang (7191m) lie a few feet within our reach, the altitude here is about 5045meters above sea level. Photo stop. It is about 75km from Karola down to Gyantse – still the most authentic Tibetan village. Pelkor Chode Monastery founded in 1418, under the spiritual guidance Tsongkhapa’s disciple Kedup Je it is a complex composed of fifteen monasteries of three different sects: 9 craftsman and are among the best preserved examples of that style with the Buddha eyes on the top. It takes about one hour to visit Monastery.
Continue towards Shigaste. Dinner & Overnight in Shigaste.
Shigatse / Lhasa
Breakfast at Hotel
Visit Tashilhunpo Monastery. Founded in 1447 by Gendun Drup, a nephew of Tsongkhaba, and the first Dalai Lama. He was entombed in Tashilhunpo, the only Dalai Lama whose remains are not enshrined in Lhasa. It is the biggest Gelugpa monastery in the Tsang region of Tibet, which once housed 3800 monks. Tashilhunpo became the official seat of the Panchen Lama, the chief spiritual and temporal authority of Tsang. In this monastery is in the Chapel of Jampa the statue of giant Maitreya (Future Buddha) erected by the ninth Panchen Lama in 1914 a total of 6700 ounces of gold and things such as pearls, turquoises, corals and ambers were used for its construction. After we visit the Chortens, we go further to visit the tomb of 10th Panchen Lama who died in 1989. The ceiling of the Chapel is painted with a Kalachakra mandala. Visit the 4th Panchen Lama chorten building and Kelsang Temple with a large courtyard, the Assembly hall, Tomb of the Fifth to the Ninth Panchen Lamas built by the 10th Panchen Lama. You can see the rock paintings on the Tashilhunpo Kora way to the Festival Thangka Wall, further to Shigatse Dzong where is now the look like Potala building.
Drive to Lhasa.
Dinner & Overnight in Lhasa.
Visit Sera Monastery. It is known as one of the three greatest monasteries of Tibet and the representative temple for Gelugza. There are lots of Buddhist sutras, Buddhist instruments, Cassocks, gold and silver articles in this temple.
Visit Jokhang Temple. Lunch at local restaurant.
Overnight in Lhasa.
Board the Train (21st of June)
Take the overnight train to Xining at 0830hrs. You will have the opportunity to view beautiful sceneries along the way to Xining.
Xining / Chengdu
Arrival in Xining at 0643hrs. Transfer to Xining airport to take your fight to Chengdu.
Chengdu / Colombo
Breakfast at Hotel,
In the morning visit Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding. Then back to your hotel to checkout.
Then transfer to International terminal for your flight to Colombo.
Arrival in Colombo
Cost of Tour
- Cost of Tour: Adult – Rs 370,000 per Person
- Child (Under 12) – Rs 360,000 per Person (Sharing parent’s room | Max 01 Child)
- Single Supplement – Rs 60,000 per Person (Additional)
(Minimum of 15 passengers required to operate the Tour with a Tour leader)
Tour Package includes:
• Economy Class Return Air Fare
• Domestic Air Ticket Chengdu / Lhasa & Xining / Chengdu
• Accommodation 4 Star Hotels
• Meals as per the Itinerary
• Arrival / Departure transfers in China / Tibet
• Sightseeing tours with English speaking guide as per program
• Entrance Fees where applicable
• Soft sleeper Train Ticket Lhasa to Xining
- Rs 200,000/- deposit at the time of booking. Balance payment before 14th April 2020.
- Due to exchange fluctuations payment deadlines must be strictly adhered.
- For delayed payment, exchange fluctuations will apply and prices will be at the current exchange rates. This requirement will be strictly adhered due to violent exchange rate fluctuations.
- Late payments subject to interest at 20 percent.
- Due to weather conditions, traffic delays and flight movements we have the right to alter final program. The order of the Tour Itinerary is subject to change. The number of dates and all the sites will be visited.
- Any items not mentioned in the included pricing such as government taxes, will be additional if applied. Please be informed that All Airlines Headline currency will be changed to USD for all fares originating from Colombo, Sri Lanka effective 15th July 2019. We advise you to make the full payment to avoid future currency fluctuations. If only the Advance payment is made, the Balance Payment collected will be based on the existing USD rate for the particular month.